Today's residential security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, you may still fail to complete basic security tasks like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things ever again? With geofencing in Trenton, you can just leave the house and let your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Trenton For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your residence, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. The technology then uses your cell phone to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to interact with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You can institute a virtual “fence” on all sides of your home and program what actions you want to take place when you go past the prearranged border line.
For example, when you exit your premises, you may program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are several of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Trenton. With the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your surveillance system notices strange movements around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with the right light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Trenton
Whether you desire added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (609) 256-4469 or complete the following form to get started on your optimal security system.